Thursday, September 3, 2015

Week 5 Weblog, Survey Monkey

Hello! Today I want to briefly talk about Social Networking. Ever since the the development of the internet, social media has bloomed. With apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram people are able to connect with almost anyone around the world.

I myself don't use many social networking apps, with only having accounts on Facebook and Skype. I usually use them about once two days, as most of friends usually call as an alternative. I do however leave myself signed in on Facebook's 'Messenger' app, incase someones wants to talk. 

As general concern for my privacy, I don't reveal my personal information to strangers, as only people I have added can view the little information I have posted. As for my safety, I am not concerned for my self, and don't go off adding people and making friends if I haven't yu

That said I understand that every person is different, and will not and or will use a variety of different Social Media apps. 

With this in mind, I created a online survey with questions about what and how you use Social Networking sites. I sent this survey to my friends over a Skype chat and left available to anyone online who uses Survey Monkey. 




The following link is to my survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NQMTXVH



As of the 1:30pm 4th of September, 2015, only 10 people completed the survey. This is partly because I only gave the link to my friends in a group chat on Skype. I probably could of had more responses if I posted publicly to Facebook account. That said, the results are in.


  • Of the 10 people

    - 6 were 16 - 20 years old
    - 4 were 21 - 25 years old

  • Use Of social media

    Skype: 8 users
    Facebook: 7 users
    Snapchat: 6 users
    Instagram: 4 users
    Twitter: 1 user
    Other: 1 user
    Dating apps: 3 users

  • Most people used social media a few times a week
  • Only 2 people were concerned for their safety
    While the other 8 were not
  • Most of applicants use social networking to keep in contact with friends and family
  • Finally the 90% used their real first and last name
    While only 1 person used a fake first name, but still kept their real last name
    This is across every social networking site they use.
With these facts, it is evident that many of the participants of my survey are happy with there safety. Not only that but 90% of them freely use real first and last name on all there social networking. Finally Skype and Facebook, are the most used social media devices, similar to myself.

References:

SurveyMonkey, Viewed 30 August 2015,
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/home/>





No comments:

Post a Comment